I thought it was about time for a general update on Malcolm's newest developments. He is growing and changing so much each day it is hard to catch up and to even notice. I'm finding myself saying, "When did he start doing that? Is this the first time or did I not register seeing it before?".
Tooth number five cut through last Thursday, on the bottom left. I'm sure that number six, seven, and eight are not far behind. I'm guessing that if he gives me the chance to look I'll see or feel one of them coming through. Along with all the new teeth his face is changing, looking more like a little boy than a baby.
Malcolm is still rocking his style of crawl (I know, I know I need to post a video as it really is quite amusing to see him push and pull himself across the floor flat out on his belly). He is getting up on his hands and knees more often, but chooses to flatten out when he really wants to move. What he really wants to do these days is crawl over small obstacles. Mummy or Daddy's legs and bodies are good choices as are low lying boxes and toy bins. Along with the climbing comes the pulling-up. You know where I'm going with this one. He pulls himself into a keeling position quite easily, and on two occasions he has managed to get his feet underneath himself and get into a standing position. The first time was in Kentville on the Friday before we left. Malcolm was reaching into the cradle to pull out another toy. My prediction, he'll be walking right around his first birthday.
He is still getting lots of comments about his 'red' hair from strangers. It's more of a strawberry blond shade, but there is no denying it can be considered part of the red family. Malcolm's hair is getting thicker, and with the humid weather I notice a few little curls developing in the back.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment