We took a mini break from the little blue door, and are back from a fun weekend of camping with Laurel, Marc, Clara, and Leo at Park Voyageur. It was the first time we've been camping since Malcolm joined the family, but it turned out great. I would have liked it if Malcolm had fallen asleep easily instead of fighting it with every last breath, but other than that it was fine.
The weather cooperated with sunny blue skies the whole time. We cooked hot dogs and s'mores over the fire, and ate in the fresh air. Apparently Leo stole the show at the beach (and most certainly at our campsite) in his Superman bathing suit. Clara has a bit of a bug phobia which may be problematic while camping, but over the weekend I saw a great improvement. I'm still glad we had the kitchen tent to act as a bit of a buffer.
I'd do it again but plan for a longer weekend, it was a lot of work to organize and pack up for one night. I'm certainly glad we had the Thule box for additional space to transport all the equipment.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment