The Little Blue Door

Keep up with our Family Growing Up Behind The Little Blue Door

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

It was clear this morning that Malcolm is over whatever bug that has hit him. We still have concerns about sending him out into the public not wanting to pass any illness around, but he was fever free for the required time frame and I could not imagine saying no to trick-or-treating while he was bouncing off the walls in the house and other kids would be coming to the door.

The next hurdle was with all the drama over the past week I had not started to make the Halloween costume yet. Considering by Thursday afternoon I figured he would be down for the count for a week it was not a priority.

This was the first year that Malcolm had a say into what he wanted to dress up as, we negotiated and the final outcome was a Blue Octopus. I had the plan and most of the pieces, just needed to work on the execution. I started around 10am and worked the whole day, eating while working, and managed to finish up at 6pm. Just enough time to eat dinner, get Malcolm into the costume and head out trick-or-treating.


It was all worth it to see Malcolm marching up the street beaming and singing 'Here comes the Octopus!' He was so excited it was difficult to get a good picture as he would not stand still and stop flipping his tentacles.

No comments: