I have been shamefully negligent in updating the Little Blue Door this past month. Not because we have nothing to share, but because we have been quite busy. I have at least two posts that have been started and never finished and are now sitting in draft status.
Malcolm and I have been enjoying lots of playdates the past few weeks. We caught up with Christa and Will before they headed off to Nova Scotia. The regular Library group of Davina, Willy, Jen, Essen, and now Christy & Asha have been getting together at peoples homes while Baby Time was on hiatus. We have continued to go to the library Tuesday mornings and have met up with Bob and Lilly in the children's library. Last Friday we even got a chance to visit with Kim and Erin in Merrickville (Sammy the dog & Minnie the goat kept Malcolm giggling too).
Malcolm has mastered standing up using just about anything and everything as support. He still weebles and wobbles but does not fall down quite as often. He has also figured out how to go from a crawling/lying position to sitting up. Malcolm started waving (at the appropriate times) two weeks ago and will say goodbye with a wave when prompted. He has slept through the night (7:30pm - 8:30am approx) on a few occasions, but more often than not he still wakes at least once a night. Along with the longer sleeping stretches have come some not so pleasant evenings when Malcolm will not go to sleep. Yes, Ashley and I have been seen walking the neighborhood and the hallways with a crying baby well into the evening, something we did not do with a newborn. Malcolm can now be seen smiling with his eight teeth, four on top and four on the bottom (the top eyeteeth cut through on Canada Day weekend, and the bottom right tooth final balanced off the group just yesterday). And the babbling this little boy does, I think all my singing over the past year has caught up to us, and Malcolm will happily babble and sing away sitting in his stroller or playing on the floor. I'm not positive but I think he may have said his first word, while reaching for the banana I was getting ready to peel for him he said "Nanananana....". He did this a few days in a row, but then stopped so I'm not sure. I think he may be coming to the realization that "Mamamama" is my name, but again I'm not so sure as he says it when getting fruit too.
The big number ONE is on Saturday. Hard to believe a year ago the little man was not part of our world and now he takes up so much of it. More to come soon I'm sure...
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment