The Little Blue Door

Keep up with our Family Growing Up Behind The Little Blue Door

Saturday, May 29, 2010

My kids will never be chunky babies.  I always called Malcolm my skinny baby, then Farley came along.   All of a sudden my pictures of Malcolm as a baby look like he is a rolly-polly.  Farley's weight has not been a concern, he is on the charts and is developing and gaining weight, but he is falling further down on the growth curve for breast fed babies.  He started at the 50th percentile and at 5 months fell to the 10th percentile.  For this reason our doctor suggested we start solids a little earlier than the recommended 6 months.

In a weird twist I told myself I was not going to rush into solids when Farley turned 6 months, it is way easier to keep an exclusively breastfed baby.  Not having to deal with making and taking baby food when you are traveling.

Farley is happy with this turn of events.  He has been watching me and others eat for a while and trying his darnedest to get in on the action.  You can just see him staring and grabbing when it comes to meal times for the big-uns.    Now he just needs to work on keeping the food in his mouth...





Yes that is the vacuum cleaner in the background.  If Ashley is feeding Farley, and I'm taking the video, guess who is vacuuming... I usually try to vacuum when Malcolm is not around because he wants to do it.  I shouldn't complain, but when you just want to get the job done (and done properly) it can be rather painstaking to watch him.

No comments: