The Little Blue Door

Keep up with our Family Growing Up Behind The Little Blue Door

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ouch!

This morning while Malcolm was getting dressed he picked out the shorts and t-shirt he wanted to wear. I pulled out the Green 'teddy bear' polo shirt from the drawer and put it over Malcolm's head when he started crying. At first I thought I scratched him with my raggedy finger nail (bad Mommy), but the reaction, inconsolable crying, did not line up with a simple scratch. Then I saw it, a small red dot on Malcolm's chest, and I put things together.

At the same time as the start of the outburst I saw something fly across the room.
Sure enough it was a wasp.

The offending insect must have crawled in the shirt when it was hanging out on the line, and got trapped there when the shirt was folded and placed in M's drawer a few days ago. By the time I started to put the shirt on Malcolm it must have been pretty scared and stung the first little body it found.

Ashley calmly explained what happened and it was not a scratch like I first told him. The wasp was now trapped in the window where Malcolm was able to watch him walk around and associate it with the sting.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Poor little guy! Wasp stings hurt!