
Check out my Mother's Day gift that arrived this week. Too bad it was mostly rain this weekend.
Ashley and Malcolm have been enjoying their bike rides together so much that they wanted me to join in on the fun. Ashley did the shopping around, then on Mother's day weekend I went on a few test rides and settled on this lovey lady.
I have not owned a bike since I left the one I got when I was 13, in Halifax. At that time I had not touched it for over a year. I vividly remember the last attempt to go biking with Ashley in Moncton failing miserably. I ended up frustrated, tired, and sore and gave-up. I was a little apprehensive about spending money on a new bike and what if I still hate cycling?
The bike arrived while we were away last week, and Ashley picked it up on Thursday. We only got out for one short ride today due to the rain, but I love it. The design of bikes have come a long way in 17 years and the strain and discomfort that I remember is gone (possibly because the bike is the right size too).
I hope to get out with the boys a lot this summer. We already have a plan to bike out to a local diner for breakfast on a nice weekend morning, and who knows where we'll get to in and around Ottawa.
1 comment:
I was bike shopping this weekend too! I still don't have a clue what to buy. I also need one for Leo and a trail gator thing-y. Does Ashley want to do the shopping around for me too? I'm overwhelmed.
Post a Comment