The Little Blue Door

Keep up with our Family Growing Up Behind The Little Blue Door

Saturday, July 14, 2007

ONE

..singular sensation.

We did it! Our family of three (and two cats) made it a full 365 days. Yes there were tears, but the laughter, smiles and milestones more than made up for it.

Malcolm's day started with breakfast with Daddy, then he hung out in his highchair while Ashley and I had our breakfast. Malcolm's treat (only because it was his birthday) was getting to lick the container of newly emptied cream cheese.


We took a family walk along the river parkway were Malcolm manged to loose his first soother. It wasn't one of his cool ones with his name on it so we didn't bother going back to look for it. I'm surprised we have manged to keep them all up to now.

While preparing dinner, Daddy taught Malcolm how to use pot lids as cymbals. At least they are stored far out of Malcolm's reach so we can decide when it is time to make lots of noise or more importantly when it is not.
Before we ate Malcolm opened his gifts (with assistance from Mommy, Daddy and Lucy); a new pair of shoes, some suction cup bowls, a new sippy cup, and a Little People play set.
For his Birthday dinner Malcolm had his very own pizza (in a new bowl) with is favorite toppings; fish, cheese, black olives, peas, and tomato sauce. Desert was homemade carrot cake with a whipped cream/cream cheese frosting. I'm surprised how neat and clean Malcolm managed to stay, he makes more of a mess when eating mangoes.All in all, it was a wonderful day, but because Malcolm was born so late in the day, 11:41pm, I've convinced myself that he isn't actually one until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday big boy! The cake looks yummy - I hope you made a big ole mess eating it up!