The Little Blue Door

Keep up with our Family Growing Up Behind The Little Blue Door

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

In the past month or so I've had the opportunity to get out of the house by myself in the evening, if only for a little while. Some evenings I have put Malcolm to bed first but most often I have left it to Ashley to take care of. In either case I'm always a little hesitant when coming home. If the house is quiet when I open the door it is usually because Malcolm has just gone to sleep or Ashley has taken him for a walk in the stroller. If when I turn the key I can hear the cries and whimpers (from Malcolm, not Ashley) I switch back into Mommy mode very quickly.

Last night when I spent the evening at a Drama reading I came home later than anticipated. Before leaving for the evening I quickly put Malcolm to bed, he was not fully asleep when I walked out the door, but I was hopeful he was on his way. When I walked back in the house at 11:00 the house was quiet. Humm? They must have gone for a walk, nope stroller still in the house. I headed to the basement, lights on, TV off and no one around. Crap, Ashley must have had to snuggle with Malcolm to get him back to sleep. Head to my bedroom to find Ashley curled up in bed alone. Apparently Malcolm never woke up the whole time I was gone, and Ashley decided to have a nap after I left and slept the whole evening too.

No comments: